Saturday, February 12, 2011

Then Comes a Cute Little Puppy...

So, we have been toying with the idea of getting a dog for the last couple of years but it just never seemed to be the right time even though we saw many cute puppies. I have to be perfectly honest here too, I am usually the one pushing for a dog - not Brandon. He always said he would rather have a baby than a dog...hhmmm, I'll get to that later. Not that he wouldn't ever have a dog, he just wanted it to be the right timing, etc. Smart guy! Anyways, it was right before Christmas and we saw this miniature dapple dachshund. And he was the cutest puppy I think I have ever seen. Of course, I believed we had to snatch him up before someone else did! I called Brandon and went through a conversation something like this, "Babe, he can be my Christmas present, Birthday present and everything else. You don't have to get me anything else, ever." Geesh, I am so sad. Brandon is much more practical than me in some cases especially in this one because the timing really wasn't ideal. (We had taken a positive pregnancy test about three weeks prior.) Again, I'll get to that later. Still, this didn't stop my persistence of "needing and wanting" this dog! Long story short, I did get that sweet puppy for Christmas, my birthday and everything else! Brandon said, "Babe, I want you to be happy." I mean seriously, how wonderful is he!?! Gunner came home with us a couple of weeks before Christmas and has both of us wrapped around his little paw - that's right, even his daddy! He and Brandon are big buddies! He definitely rules our household at the moment...I think that may change in due time. :)

Coming Home - Aunt Holly was with us!


My Guys - this picture is so dark but cute


It's hard to take a non-blurry picture of him because he is a wiggle worm!

No comments:

Post a Comment