Thursday, March 10, 2011

Then Comes a Baby...

So I am finally to the "Then Comes a Baby" post! That's right, Brandon and I are going to be first time parents to a sweet little angel expected to make his or her grand entrance around August 12th of this year! We found out about the big news right after Thanksgiving and to be honest were a little surprised. I had been off the pill for only a few months so our surprise was simply that it happened so fast! I had been late the month prior and was late in November too so just thought it was my "new normal." It was the morning of December 2nd and I thought to myself - well I'll take a pregnancy test just for kicks even though in the back of my mind I was sure I was late again. Well you can only imagine my face when the darn thing read positive! I think I had a mental and physical block - I just stared at the test for what must have been 5 minutes. Of course by this time in the morning, Brandon had already left for work. Do you people actually think I could wait until the end of the day to tell him about this!?! No way! So...the poor guy..I called him as he was just getting into Estes Park and I believe my words to him were, "Uhhh Babe.... I realize that I am dropping a complete and total bomb on you right now but I just a took a positive pregnancy test." His response, "Uhhh...okay, are you sure? I didn't realize you were even late." Anyways, while we both were expecting it to happen at any point, we just couldn't believe it happened so quickly! Even with the surprise, we were both elated - it just took a little while to settle in. Below are a few early pregnancy pictures - there is not a lot to see but any day now, I am sure there will be. We are finding out the sex of the baby and that will be on April 4th so I will let everyone know once we know and will also have some udpated ultrasound pictures!


Our Little Peanut and their super strong heartbreat! This was our first and only ultrasound which was on January 5th. Our next one is April 4th! CAN'T WAIT!



Absolutely no difference here but wanted to get the pictures started. :)



A TINY bump. I think we need an updated picture - 18 weeks tomorrow! I haven't done one weekly because there has hardly been any difference but I am just now starting to feel the "pop" coming on.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy you have a blog now!!!!! Love it!!! I can't wait til April 4th now lol!!!

    ReplyDelete